July 2019 Chapter Meeting
Click here to RSVP Today!
*This link will take you to Eventbrite to reserve your spot.
Hear Our Journey from Waterfall to Scaling Agile
Business Information Project Management (BIPM) was formed in 2003 to support individual health, life and annuity products. BIPM operated in siloed business units until merging with Information Services (IS) in 2017. Our journey went from Waterfall to Scaling Agile with other stops. In late 2017, the Enterprise launched Agile Release Trains and adopted Scaling Agile as the main project framework.
Come hear our journey from a Business Analyst’s perspective. This may help you start your journey or at least avoid some pitfalls.
The keys to implementing Scaling Agile include:
- Create and Reinforce a Culture change
- Implement from the Enterprise level
- Focus on outcome versus output
- Provide training on forecasting and estimating
- Business Analysts are key to any agile team
- Product Owners from inside versus outside the organization
- How to instill to not be afraid to Fail
- Deliver Business Value to Customer